Strength through understanding
We offer a range of personal development workshops that all sit under a common theme – The Circus of Life. But why?
At the Big Top, successful circus performers dare to take risks, are fit and healthy, passionate about what they do and supportive to everyone around them. Away from the Big Top, these attributes will also give resilience to anyone - our circus theme adds a relevant and memorable dimension to all our presentations.
For detailed information click on the relevant factsheet download button(s) below:
There are two different workshops available for staff - Mental Health Awareness and Resilience. These can each be delivered either as a twilight session or as an inset day. The Inset day programme offers support to both staff and students providing excellent value for money. It is our goal to best meet the needs of the individual school so please call us to discuss your requirements. More information is available on the factsheets below:
Resilient Me offers schools and colleges training which:
1. meets the requirements of the current Mental & Physical Health reforms
• “Shared Society” – The Prime Minister's vision to provide greater support to those suffering mental health problems
Teresa May, January 2017
• ‘Future in Mind’ – Promoting, Protecting and Improving C&YP’s Mental Health and Wellbeing
DoH & NHS England 2015
• ‘Sport Premium’ – Tackling obesity and encouraging healthy, lifelong physical and mental wellbeing
HM Government 2016
2. supports ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted outcomes
• In order for schools to gain good status pupils must ‘enjoy learning about how to stay healthy and about emotional and mental health, safe and positive relationships’
• To be outstanding schools must enable students to be able to ‘make informed choices about healthy eating, fitness and their emotional and mental well-being’
Ofsted School Inspection Handbook, August 2016 No. 150066
3. receives EXCELLENT feedback
We offer a number of different sessions for parents tailored to fit your requirements. Please call us for more information.
Resilient Me also offers specific support designed to build resilience and maximise success for both the GCSE and A Level exams. We all know that there are added pressures during this period, and additional skills are needed to cope with them and to ensure the best possible results. We have designed a workshop for precisely this purpose. Prepare to Pass simply bursts at the seams with top tips, tools and techniques designed to minimise stress, ride through revision and sail to success in the exams. Click on the link below for full details.
A twilight session for staff is available to summarise the key skills that will have been taught to students.
We also offer a one-hour session for parents showing them how to best support their son/daughter through the revision and exam period.