Strength through understanding
Here at Resilient Me we take an holistic approach to the health and wellbeing of primary school children. Our flagship program - The Circus of Life - looks at all aspects of mental wellbeing whilst our Cre-ACTIVE Me! program combines physical activity with academic learning.
Resilient Me offers primary schools training which:
1. meets the requirements of the current Mental & Physical Health reforms
• “Shared Society” – The Prime Minister's vision to provide greater support to those suffering mental health problems
Teresa May, January 2017
• ‘Future in Mind’ – Promoting, Protecting and Improving C&YP’s Mental Health and Wellbeing
DoH & NHS England 2015
• ‘Sport Premium’ – Tackling obesity and encouraging healthy, lifelong physical and mental wellbeing
HM Government 2016
2. supports ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted outcomes
• In order for schools to gain good status pupils must ‘enjoy learning about how to stay healthy and about emotional and mental health, safe and positive relationships’
• To be outstanding schools must enable students to be able to ‘make informed choices about healthy eating, fitness and their emotional and mental well-being’
Ofsted School Inspection Handbook, August 2016 No. 150066
3. receives EXCELLENT feedback
We offer a range of personal development workshops that all sit under a common theme – The Circus of Life. But why?
At the Big Top, successful circus performers dare to take risks, are fit and healthy, passionate about what they do and supportive to everyone around them. Away from the Big Top, these attributes will also give resilience to anyone - our circus theme adds a relevant and memorable dimension to all our presentations.
For detailed information click on the relevant factsheet download button(s) below:
There are two different workshops available for staff - Mental Health Awareness and Resilience. These can each be delivered either as a twilight session or as an inset day. The Inset day programme offers support to both staff and students providing excellent value for money. It is our goal to best meet the needs of the individual school so please call us to discuss your requirements. More information is available on the factsheets below:
We offer a number of different sessions for parents tailored to fit your requirements. Please call us for more information.
Obesity is a growing crisis and children from the poorest backgrounds are at the highest risk. But did you know that there are many physically active techniques that can boost academic attainment too?
Cre-ACTIVE Me is a super-exciting, interactive and creative workshop that turns academic learning into a physically active, dynamic, fun and inspirational experience.
In this workshop, non-stop active learning results in all of KS2 benefitting from increased levels of self-belief, enthusiasm for learning and heightened aspiration. Students AND staff will leave the session equipped with a wide range of cre-ACTIVE learning techniques that they can apply straightaway!
A twilight session for staff is available to summarise the key skills that will have been taught to students.
Parents – all parents are welcome to attend the Cre-ACTIVE Me! workshops – joining in the fun and learning too as they go along!